PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
DELICIOUS CREOLE BAKED OYSTER DRESSING
2 (16-oz.) containers shucked oysters, drained, liquor saved
6 T. butter
2 c. finely chopped onion
2 green onions, chopped
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped green bell pepper
2 T. chopped fresh sage
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
2 T. minced garlic
12 oz. day-old French bread, cut into 1” cubes
½ c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 T. fresh lemon juice
Salt, black pepper
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spray 13×9” baking dish with PAM.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove 2 T. butter and save.
- To skillet add onions, celery and bell pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add sage, parsley, thyme and garlic and cook another minute.
- In large bowl, combine onion mixture, bread, bread crumbs, lemon juice, Creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add oysters and 1 c. of reserved oyster liquid, stir gently.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Drizzle with reserved 2 T. melted butter.
- Bake, lightly covered, 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until bread is lightly browned and oysters are curled around edges, about 20-30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.