TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
DECADENT DOUBLE-DECKER PECAN CHEESECAKE
Single pie crust, store-bought
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temp.
1 t. vanilla bean paste
½ t. salt
1/3 c. sugar
BROWN SUGAR FILLING:
½ c. light brown sugar
½ c. dark corn syrup
1-2 T. whiskey
1 t. vanilla bean paste or extract
½ c. chopped pecans
1 ¼ c. pecan halves
- Preheat oven 375.
- Place pie crust on lightly floured surface and let stand at room temp until slightly softened. Sprinkle dough with flour and roll into 12” circle.
- Fit dough into 9” deep-dish pie plate, fold edges under and crimp.
- Line pastry with parchment paper, fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, remove weights and parchment. Let cool 30 minutes.
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING: Beat cream cheese, egg, paste and salt in bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and beat until filling is smooth and fluffy. Spoon filling into piecrust.
- BROWN SUGAR FILLING: Whisk eggs until will combined. Add brown sugar, syrup, whiskey paste and whisk until thickened and smooth.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over CREAM CHEESE FILLING in piecrust. Gently spoon BROWN SUGAR FILLING over chopped pecans.
- Place pie on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake until filling is puffed up and set and crust is golden, 45 minutes.
- Transfer pie to wire rack and cool completely.