PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
AMPED-UP SOUTHERN COLLARD GREENS
12 hickory-smoked bacon slices, finely chopped
2 Vidalia onions, finely shopped
¾ lb. smoked ham, chopped
6 T. minced garlic
3 (32-oz.) containers chicken broth
3 (1 lb.) pkgs. fresh collard greens, washed and trimmed
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1 T. sugar
- Cook bacon over medium heat in 10-quart stock pot for 10-12 minutes or until almost crispy.
- Add onion to stockpot and saute 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and ham, saute another minute.
- Stir in broth, green, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 hours or until desired degree of tenderness.
- Taste for any additional seasoning needed.