TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
CRUNCHY HASSELSBACK YAMS
½ c. plus 2 T. firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
¼ c. butter, melted
1 T. kosher salt
1 T. Tabasco
1 t. black pepper
3 lbs. medium yams, sliced 1/8” thick
½ c. chopped pecans
Sea salt, orange zest, garnishes
- Preheat oven 400. Spray 2-quart square baking dish with PAM.
- In large bowl, stir together ½ c. sugar, melted butter, salt, Tabasco and pepper.
- Stir in yam slices until coated.
- Arrange slices vertically in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans and 2 T. brown sugar.
- Cover with foil. With toothpick, pike holes in foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sea salt and orange zest.