SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED FISH BITES
1 lb. fish (catfish, red snapper, or your favorite), cut into bite-size pieces
1 c. jalapeno mustard
1 (8-oz.) container fresh pico de gallo
2 c. corn meal or fish fry
1 c. panko bread crumbs
Fresh lemon wedges
Catsup, Cocktail Sauce, Tartar Sauce, your choice for dipping
- Season fish with salt/red/black pepper and place in large zip-lock bag.
- Combine the mustard and pico.
- Pour the mustard mixture over fish. Seal bag and massage bag to get the mustard mixture to coat fish. Refrigerate over night or for 2-4 hours.
- Mix the corn meal or fish fry with panko bread crumbs and place in another zip lock bag.
- Take a large rimmed baking sheet and spray with PAM. Place a wire rack inside the baking sheet and spray with PAM.
- Drain the fish in colander.
- Place fish into the cornmeal mixture and shake to coat the fish.
- Place fish on wire rack, leaving space between the pieces.
- Preheat oven 400.
- Place pan in oven and after 15-20 minutes, flip the fish pieces.
- Cook another 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.