EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Wonderful Oysters Rockerfeller Bread Pudding
8 c. (1”) cubed French bread
6 T. melted butter
4 T. minced garlic, divided
3 T. butter
1 c. chopped fennel
1 c. chopped onion
½ c. chopped celery
1 c. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
½ c. chopped fresh parsley
2 T. Pernod Anise
1 T. catsup
Kosher salt, white pepper, red pepper
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. heavy whipping cream
3 (8-oz.) containers oysters, shucked, drained and quartered (if large), save oyster liquor
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven 350. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray a 3 qt. baking dish with PAM.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Mix the melted butter and garlic and toss with bread to combine.
- Toast in oven until lightly browned and crispy, about 12-15 minutes.
- In large Dutch oven, heat 3 T. butter over medium heat. Add fennel, onion, celery and remaining garlic. Cook until veggies are softened and released their liquid, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach, parsley, Pernod, catsup, Worcestershire, salt, white pepper and red pepper.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and ½ c. reserved oyster liquor (if not enough liquor make up difference with more cream.)
- Add bread, veggie mixture, oysters, ½ c. cheese, gently stirring until combined and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and loosely cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese, bake uncovered, until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. The bread pudding is form to the touch (about 25 minutes more.)