CRAWFISH HOLLANDAISE OVER FRESH ASPARAGUS2-3 lbs. pencil-thin fresh asparagus, trimmedextra virgin olive oilSalt, black pepper4…
TACO STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
3-4 medium fresh zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
½ lb. lean ground beef (can use ground chicken or turkey)
½ c. diced onion
1 T. minced garlic
1 t. chili powder
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. dried oregano
Salt/black pepper to taste
1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
2 c. cauliflower rice or your choice of rice
1 c. salsa, divided
½ c. shredded Colby Jack, Cheddar, Pepper Jack or Mexican Blend cheese
½ c. chopped tomatoes
Cilantro or fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven 400.
- Place ½ c. salsa in bottom of large baking dish (dish that can hold all your boats)
- With small spoon, hollow out center of zucchini halves and then place them cut side up on prepared baking dish.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and spray with PAM.
- Add the onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground meat and break into crumbles as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add garlic, spices, chiles, rice and rest of salsa.
- Mix everything together until combined and cook until heated through. Taste for seasoning.
- Divide taco filling equally into boats pressing it in firmly.
- Top with shredded cheese and cover with foil and bake 25-35 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro/parsley and serve with extra salsa on the side.
*You can also just sub your favorite taco recipe for all of the above for a quicker method.