WALKING ZOMBIE COCKTAIL1 oz. apricot brandy1 oz. light rum1 oz. dark rum1 oz. lime juice2…
CREAMY VEAL CUTLETS WITH PEARL ONIONS, GARLIC AND MUSHROOMS
1 (8-oz.) container multi-colored pearl onions, peeled
1 (8-oz.) container whole garlic cloves
Salt, black pepper
1 (8.5-oz.) bottle William Sonoma Dipping Oil (Rosemary/Garlic Flavored)
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 lemon, sliced
4 thin veal cutlets (about ½ lb.)
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 (8-oz.) container sliced mushrooms
2/3 c. white wine
¾ c. beef broth
½ c. heavy cream
6 T. butter
Chopped green onions
- Take peeled pearl onions and garlic cloves and place on small baking sheet lined with foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in 350 oven for 30 minutes, stirring half way through. After roasting, remove from oven and set aside.
- Season veal with salt and black pepper and place in zip lock bag.
- Add some of the Dipping Oil to cover the cutlets. Add fresh rosemary and lemon slices. Seal bag and swish to coat the cutlets and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the cutlets and discard the marinade.
- Dredge in flour, shake off excess.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle bottom with olive oil.
- When hot, place the floured cutlets into the pan. Sear on each side for about 2-3 minutes, depending on size and thickness of cutlets.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and wine and let simmer to reduce the liquid, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the roasted pearl onions and garlic cloves. Heat through.
- Whisk in 6 tablespoons of butter into the skillet.
- Add the cream and whisk again. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the cutlets to the sauce and heat through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and paprika.
*Great with potatoes or pasta dishes. Feel free to use any flavored infused olive oils. It does not have to be a Dipping Oil. This is just something I had on hand.