WALKING ZOMBIE COCKTAIL1 oz. apricot brandy1 oz. light rum1 oz. dark rum1 oz. lime juice2…
INDULGENT TOMATO CARBONARA
12 oz. uncooked dried fettuccine
1 c. chopped bacon
2 pts. Multicolored cherry tomatoes
3 thinly slice shallots
2 T. minced garlic
3 egg yolks
½ c. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
¼ c. chopped fresh chives
¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but save 1 ½-2 c. of the cooking water.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Transfer bacon to plate lined with paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 T. of the bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add tomatoes to skillet, cook and stir often, until slightly softened.
- Add shallots and stir often for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 1 minute.
- Add 1 c. of pasta water and bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in pasta.
- Stir in egg yolks, one at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Return skillet to medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is slightly thickened and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in bacon, cheese, chives, and parsley. Stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Gradually add more of the pasta water, stirring constantly, until you get desired consistency.
- Taste for seasoning. Serve and top with more Parmesan cheese if desired.