WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Layered Death by Chocolate
LAYERED DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE:
1 qt. heavy cream
¼ c. powdered sugar
½ c. crème fraiche
2 batches CHOCOLATE PUDDING (recipe follows)
3 c. crumbled chocolate wafer cookies
4 (1.4-oz.) chocolate-covered English toffee bars (like Heath bars), chopped
4 egg yolks
1 ½ c. sugar
4 c. heavy cream
1 t. salt
1 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/3 c. flour
1 stick butter, cubed
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- DEATH BY CHOCOLATE: In bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until aerated, just before soft peaks have started to form.
- Gently fold in crème fraiche.
- In large trifle bowl, place a thick layer of CHOCOLATE PUDDING, top with layer of the whipped cream mixture and then sprinkle on half of the cookies and half of the toffee candy.
- Repeat process, finishing with the cookies and candy. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING: Whisk egg yolks and sugar together in bowl. Add cream and salt and whisk until combined.
- Mix the cocoa and flour together and whisk the wet ingredients into dry.
- Place mixture in heavy saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and chocolate until melted. Let cool.