2 T. plus ½ c. butter, divided
3 c. chopped leeks
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped carrots
¼ c. flour
2 c. peeled, diced russet potatoes
2 (8-oz.) bottles clam juice
1 T. lemon zest
2 t. Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
Salt, red pepper to taste
1 c. frozen green peas
1 lb. lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
1 (14.1-oz.) pkg. refrigerated pie crusts
1 large egg, beaten
1. Melt 2 T. butter in large Dutch oven.
2. Add leeks, celery and carrots. Cook 5 minutes.
3. Stir in flour, cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, clam juice, zest, salt, pepper and peas.
5. Bring to boil, cover, reduce to low and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
6. Melt remaining ½ c. butter in small skillet over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter is golden brown.
7. Stir browned butter, peas and crabmeat into veggie mixture.
8. Unroll pie crusts on work surface.
9. Invert 6 (10-oz.) ramekins or custard cups onto pie crusts.
10. Cut around edges of ramekins with tip of sharp knife to make circles.
11. Spoon crab mixture evenly into ramekins.
12. Whisk egg and 1 T. water.
13. Brush pie crust circle edges with egg wash.
14. Place 1 circle, egg wash side down, over crab mixture in each ramekin. Pressing down to seal and make 4 slits in each crust to vent.
15. Place on foil lined baking sheet.
16. Bake 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.