SURPRISINGLY REFRESHING FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE1 c. milk½ c. heavy cream½ c. natural unsweetened cocoa powder½…
CLASSIC SPINACH MADELINE
¾ c. panko bread crumbs
Pinch kosher salt
3 (10-oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
¼ c. butter
1 c. chopped sweet onion
3 T. minced garlic
¼ c. flour
¾ c. half and half
6 ozs. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 ½ t. Creole seasoning
1 ½ t. Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco to taste
- In small skillet, drizzle bottom with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bread crumbs and salt, stir frequently, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Prepare spinach according to package directions.
- Place spinach in colander over bowl and press to drain thoroughly.
- Reserve ½ c. drained spinach juices. Set aside.
- In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stir occasionally for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture, cook, stir constantly, 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in reserved spinach juices and half and half.
- Cook, stir frequently, until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheese, jalapeno, Creole seasoning, Worcestershire and Tabasco, stir until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Stir in drained spinach and cook just until heated through.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Top with toasted bread crumbs just before serving.