GLORIOUS PLATINUM SPARKLE1 ½ oz. vodka½ oz. maraschino liqueur½ oz. Lillet blanc½ oz. fresh lemon…
CHAR-GRILLED BABY ARTICHOKES
½ c. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
Artichokes, partially steamed (only steam about 10-15 minutes) or you can buy the baby artichokes
- Place olive oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, allow to sizzle.
- Reduce heat to low, stir until garlic is soft and very fragrant. Do not brown. Set aside.
- Cut artichokes in half lengthwise (if very large cut into quarters; if using baby ones, just cut in half.)
- Pull out and discard fluffy interior leaves and use spoon to remove and discard the choke.
- Heat a grill to medium high.
- Brush artichokes on all sides with garlic infused olive oil.
- Place on grill, turning from time to time, until charred in spots.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce, like aioli, variations of aioli and vinaigrettes.
PERFECT STEAMED ARTICHOKES
Salt and pepper
- Pull off and discard tough and discolored leaves from bottom of artichoke.
- Cut off the stem so that it will sit evenly.
- Slice off about an inch off the top of the artichoke.
- With kitchen shears, snip off and discard the prickly ends of remaining leaves.
- Turn the artichoke upside down and bang on the counter to help open up the leaves.
- You can take your hand and gently pull them away from the center.
- Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil all around the artichoke and down into the leaves.
- Transfer to a steamer basket set over salted boiling water, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until tender. You can usually with tongs, pull on a leaf. If it comes out easily, it is done.
- Drain and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (balsamic vinegar, aioli or any dressing.)