DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
BUTTERY CARAMEL APPLE BLONDIE PIE
6 large Granny Smith apples
2 T. flour
2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
1 c. butter, divided
1 ½ c. flour
1 ½ t. baking powder
½ t. salt
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 T. bourbon
¾ c. rough chopped toasted pecans
½ (14.1-oz.) pkg. refrigerated piecrusts
1 c. apple cider
1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
½ c. butter
¼ c. whipping cream
- Peel apples and cut into ¼” thick wedges.
- Toss with 2 T. flour and ½ c. brown sugar in large bowl.
- Melt ¼ c. butter in large skillet over medium heat, add apple mixture and saute 15 minutes or until apples are tender and liquid is thickened. Remove from heat and completely cool.
- Preheat oven 350. Melt remaining ¾ c. butter. Stir together 1 ½ c. flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, bourbon, ¾ c. melted butter and remaining 1 ½ c. brown sugar, stirring until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Fit piecrust into 10” cast-iron skillet, gently pressing crust all the way up sides.
- Soon 2/3 of apple mixture over bottom of crust, spreading and gently pressing apple slices into an even layer using the back of a spoon. Spoon batter over apple mixture, top with remaining apple mixture.
- Place pie on lower rack and bake 350 for 60-80 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- CARAMEL SAUCE: Cook cider in 3 qt. saucepan over medium heat, until reduced to ¼ c., about 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. Refrigerate up to 1 week. To reheat, microwave on HIGH for 10-15 seconds or until just warm, stir until smooth.
- Drizzle cooled pie with k1/3 c. of the APPLE CIDER CARAMEL SAUCE. Serve with remaining sauce.