Beef, Pork, Chicken Medley Kebabs with Sauteed Veggies
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Large Cubes of Top Quality Beef, Pork Tenders and Chicken Breasts (Allow 2 of each for each person)
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- 1 bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
- ¼ c. Soy Sauce
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) container pico de gallo
- Large Portabella mushroom caps (allow 1 per person)
- Red, Yellow, Green, Orange Bell Peppers, cut into strips (judge how much you need for each person)
- Large Red onion, sliced (judge how much you need for each person)
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- White Wine Lemon Butter Sauce
- (Recipe follows below)
- (1 stick butter
- 3 chopped shallots or one small onion
- 3 T. minced garlic
- 1 c. lemon juice
- 1 bottle of Wishbone Italian dressing or any brand you like
- 1 c. of white wine or leftover white wine that is not suitable for drinking anymore
- ½ c. Lea and Perrins
- 2 T. Tobasco
- 1. Melt butter.
- 2. Saute shallots or onions.
- 3. Add garlic.
- 4. Add rest of ingredients.
- 5. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- *****I use this when basting steaks, chicken or fish.)
- Cut your beef, pork, chicken into equal sizes. Season with salt, red/black pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix together the Italian dressing, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and pico de gallo.
- Place the meats in Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over it and refrigerate overnite or for at least 2 hours.
- Prep veggies and set aside.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes. I separate the 3 meats on the skewers because all require different cooking times.
- Grill the meats and baste with the White Wine Lemon Butter Sauce.
- In large skillet, spray with PAM and drizzle a little olive oil. Heat to medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until tender and then add the bell peppers and mushrooms and finish cooking them. Season to taste. Squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
- In serving, place veggies on platter and then place the 3 meats on top and serve.
****I like to serve with a nice rice pilaf or the Pad Thai Noodles with Crawfish Etouffee.