PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH VEGGIES
2 large chicken breasts, stuffed and seasoned
1 bell pepper of each color, cut into strips (yellow, red, orange, green)
2 large portabella mushroom caps, remove gills and stem, slice
2 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
12 baby Yukon Gold potatoes
12-14 Campania tomatoes or Roma Tomatoes
1 (7-oz.) container of pico de gallo
1 bottle of Chipolte Dressing (or your favorite dressing that has a little zing to it)
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
White wine or broth
1-2 bunches green onions, chopped
- Take a baking pan and line with foil.
- Combine the bell pepper strips, onions and mushrooms in a bowl and season.
- Place them in bottom of baking pan.
- Place the stuffed seasoned chicken breasts on top of the veggies.
- Nestle the potatoes and tomatoes around the edge of baking dish. You can add a little extra salt and pepper on these items.
- Sprinkle the pico over the chicken breasts.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the items in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Pour enough white wine or broth in bottom of pan (pour in one of the corners of the pan). Pour enough until you see wine or broth spread throughout the bottom of the pan. It does not have to be deep.
- Drizzle the Chipotle dressing over the chicken breasts.
- Cover with foil and place in 350 oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and kick oven up to 400 and cook another 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbly.
*I did not specify the stuffing for the chicken breasts. I usually just buy the stuffed ones that are available. Sometimes they are stuffed with seafood, sausage, rice or just plain onions/garlic. Just pick the one you like best or try them all.
Whenever I have leftover, I shred the chicken and make chicken salad, or wraps or even take the veggies and chicken and mix with pasta or rice for a nice entrée.