CREAMY KALE GRATIN2 T. Kosher salt, more if needed6 T. butter, plus for baking dish½…
FABULOUS “5” ONION DIP
4 T. butter
4 green onion stalks, finely chopped
1 large red onion, finely chopped
1 large Vidalia or sweet onion, finely chopped
1 large white onion, finely chopped
¼ c. light brown sugar
¼ c. white wine vinegar
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, room temp
2 c. sour cream
1 c. Miracle Whip or mayo
1/3 c. chopped fresh chives
Finely grated Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
Smoked paprika, garnish
Melba crackers, crostini, etc.
- Preheat oven 400.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the green onions, red onion, Vidalia onion, white onion and brown sugar.
- Mix well and stir occasionally for 12-15 minutes.
- Add vinegar and Worcestershire, continue to stir and cook another 4-6 minutes. Mixture will thicken and become soft.
- Stir in cream cheese and stir until melted into onion mixture. Turn heat off.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, mayo and chives.
- Add to the onion mixture.
- You can place into an 8” square baking pan or disperse evenly between 3 (8” pie pan).
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, 15-20 minutes or until golden.
*At this point before baking, cover in foil and freeze. When ready to use, defrost in refrigerator, let come to room temp and then bake as above instructions.