Alice's Mexican Fiesta Salad ALICE’S MEXICAN FIESTA SALADMEXICAN STREET CORN:2-3 ears sweet corn, husks removed2…
|Zippy Zucchini and Avocado Salad|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Zippy Zucchini and Avocado Salad
- 3-4 medium fresh zucchini
- ½ red onion, minced or chopped finely
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 (10-oz.) container fresh pico de gallo
- ¼-1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. good quality balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt, fresh black pepper
- Good quality olive oil
- Edamame, fresh lump crabmeat, boiled shrimp, optional
- Trim the ends of zucchini off and cut in half lengthwise and run through a food processor with the blade that juliennes or whatever shape you desire.
- Place the cut zucchini in a bowl.
- Add to the zucchini, the red onion, avocados and fresh pico. Mix well.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Drizzle the lemon juice and balsamic. Mix well. Taste for seasoning.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.
*****You can add edamame or fresh lump crabmeat or boiled shrimp for added protein. This salad I make in the summer just to have on hand. Sometimes I omit the avocado if I want the salad to stay fresher longer. The avocados tend to turn brown and get mushy but if you are serving right away and not planning on storing it, by all means add the avocados. Great and filling vegan dish.