Jumbo Pasta Shells Stuffed with Shrimp Salad
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. of medium to large shrimp, boiled and cut into pieces
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ c. sweet relish
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- Olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, mix the boiled, chopped shrimp with the celery, eggs, green onions and sweet relish. Set aside.
- In large pot of boiling salted water with added 3 T. olive oil, cook the pasta shells until tender but not mushy. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, add the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk until well blended.
- Slowly add the amount you need to the shrimp mixture. Taste for seasoning.
- On serving platter, place a layer of nice greens. Stuff the pasta shells and place on the greens. Use whatever garnishes you would like.
- Drizzle more dressing over the dish if you like or have guests put their own.
*****This salad can also be used to stuff tomatoes or avocados.