ALICE’S SEAFOOD CHOWDER3 sticks butter¼ c. minced garlic2 large onions, chopped2 green bell peppers, chopped4-6…
ZESTY LEMON ICEBOX BARS
14 whole-grain graham cracker squares
2 T. melted butter
1 T. dark brown sugar
¼ t. salt
1 (8-oz.) pkg. soft cream cheese, at room temp
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
¼ c. egg beaters
Zest of 1 lemon
½ c. fresh lemon juice
2 t. powdered gelatin
3 T. boiling water
- CRUST: Place crackers in bowl of food processor and pulse until crumbs are formed.
- Add butter, brown sugar and salt and pulse until incorporated, resembles wet sand.
- Coat 8” square pan with PAM and pack crumb mixture firmly into bottom of pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- FILLING: In large bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk and egg beater. Beat on high with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add lemon zest and juice and beat until fully incorporated.
- In small bowl, combine gelatin and boiling water and whisk until gelatin is entirely dissolved. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Stir gelatin into cream cheese mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Refrigerate overnight, until filling is firm.
- Slice into 2” squares using chilled knife, coated with PAM.
*Keep refrigerated when not using.