UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
ZESTY CREAMY CHICKEN THIGHS
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, wrapped in bacon
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 slices bacon, rough chopped
1 large onion, peeled and cut into cubes
3 T. minced garlic
½ of bell pepper (red, yellow, orange, green), rough chopped
1 lb. fresh butternut squash, cubed (pre-cut package type)
1 (8-oz.) sliced mushrooms
1 (5-oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
1 (8-oz.) fresh pico de gallo
½ c. dry white wine
½ c. heavy cream or half and half
Salt, red/black pepper
Chopped green onions, garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, pour enough canola oil in bottom to cover, not too deep, only about ½”. Heat over medium.
- Season thighs with salt, red/black pepper and wrap in bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Brown the thighs in oil on all sides until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Drain off excess oil and return to heat.
- Place chopped bacon in and start to brown. As it gets crispy, add the onion, garlic, bell peppers and mushrooms. Saute for another 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the butternut squash, mushroom steak sauce, pico and wine. Stir to mix well.
- Let the sauce reduce by half over a low heat.
- Add the cream slowly and stir in.
- Add the thighs and thyme.
- Simmer until cooked.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles. Garnish with green onions.