REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Comforting Mac and Cheese with Fresh Asparagus and Prosciutto
COMFORTING MAC & CHEESE WITH FRESH ASPARAGUS AND PROSCIUTTO
Kosher salt, black pepper
1 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into ½” pieces
8 oz. elbow macaroni
4 T. butter, cut into pieces
¾ c. evaporated milk, not FF
12 c. Fontina, coarsely grated
1 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into thin strips
2 T. thinly sliced chives
- Bring 4 qt. of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 2-5 minutes. With slotted spoon remove asparagus and place in bowl and keep warm.
- Bring the water back to a boil and add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add butter and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- In a glass measuring cup or bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add to the past and cook over low heat, stirring until sauce begins to cling to pasta.
- Add cheese and cook, stirring, until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in asparagus, prosciutto and chives.
- Season taste. Serve immediately.