WONDERFUL SIZZLING STEAKS IN A SKILLET
2 (2” thick) filets mignons, wrapped in bacon (8-10 oz. each)
Salt, black pepper
2 T. butter
Chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven 400.
2. Pat dry steaks with paper towel.
3. Brush steaks with olive oil, all sides.
4. Combine salt and pepper and place on plate. Roll steaks in seasoning to cover all sides.
5. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat for 5-7 minutes.
6. Add steaks and sear evenly on all sides (top, bottom and sides) for about 2 minutes per side. Total time should be about 6-8 minutes.
7. Turn off heat and lay steaks flat in skillet.
8. Top each steak with the butter.
9. Place in oven and cook 8-12 minutes for 120 degrees (rare) and 125 degrees (medium rare). Do not flip steaks.
10. Remove from oven and cover tightly with foil and let rest 5-8 minutes.
11. Garnish with chopped green onions.