PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
WONDERFUL SAVORY TOMATO TART
1 crust of rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ¼ c. low-fat milk
1 c. chopped green onions
½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 T. rough chopped fresh basil
Salt/ black pepper
½ c. chopped oil-packed dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven 450.
- Let piecrust stand according to package directions.
- On lightly floured surface, roll pastry into 13” circle.
- Transfer to 9” pie plate.
- Trim to ½” beyond edge of plate, crimp edge.
- Do not prick pastry.
- Line pastry with a double thickness of foil and bake 12 minutes, remove foil.
- Reduce oven to 325.
- FILLING: In bowl, combine eggs and milk. Stir in green onions, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour into partially baked shell.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional basil if desired.