FANCY PARMESAN CARROTS WITH LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING½ c. water¼ c. chopped shallots1 lb. medium carrots, cut…
|Wonderful Mojito Bars|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Wonderful Mojito Bars
- 3 T. light rum
- 16-20 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 T. grated lime peel
- ⅔ c. fresh lime juice, about 6-8 limes
- 2-3 drops green food coloring, if desired
- 2 T. milk
- 1 T. powdered sugar
- Extra mint leaves, garnish
- In small bowl, combine rum and chopped mint. Set aside.
- Heat oven 350. Spray 13x9” pan with PAM.
- In large bowl, mix butter and ½ c. powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Mix in 1 ¾ c. flour on low speed, just until combined. Press into pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- In large bowl, mix eggs and sugar with a whisk.
- Add remaining ¼ c. flour and salt. Whisk to blend.
- Mix in lime peel, lime juice, food color and milk.
- Place strainer over medium bowl, pour rum mixture into strainer. Press mixture with back of spoon through strainer to drain liquid from leaves. Discard leaves.
- Mix strained liquid into egg mixture, with whisk until well combined.
- Pour over partially baked crust. Bake 25-27 minutes longer or until center is set.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars and store tightly covered in the refrigerator.