FANCY PARMESAN CARROTS WITH LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING½ c. water¼ c. chopped shallots1 lb. medium carrots, cut…
|Artichoke Hearts Topped with Cream Peas and Pearl Onions|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Artichoke Hearts Topped with Cream Peas and Pearl Onions
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 T. flour
- 1 ½ c. milk or heavy cream
- 1 lb. frozen peas with onions, thawed (if you can’t get the onions, just add some a jar or can of the onions or omit)
- 2 T. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 t. chicken bouillon
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke bottoms, drained and seasoned
- Drain the artichoke bottoms and season. You usually get 6-8 per can.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add pepper flakes and garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the shallots and cook until softened.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute stirring to form a pasty roux.
- Whisk in milk and simmer. Remove all lumps.
- Add the peas, parmesan, bouillon and seasoning. Cook 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the artichoke bottoms in baking dish that has been sprayed with PAM.
- Spoon generous amount of creamed peas into the bottoms.
- Sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on tops. Heat in oven at 325 until totally hot.
****You can use the extra peas to spoon around the bottoms or use as a separate dish in itself.