CREAMY KALE GRATIN2 T. Kosher salt, more if needed6 T. butter, plus for baking dish½…
WONDERFUL KALE DIP WITH FRESH ARTICHOKE
4 medium fresh artichokes
7 c. chopped fresh kale
½ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ c. milk
¼ c. Greek yogurt
Kosher salt/black pepper
2 T. finely minced garlic
1/3 c. chopped green onions
- Preheat oven 350.
- Cut off stems of artichokes and about 1-2” from top of artichokes with sharp knife. Clip off thorns on tips of leaves.
- Arrange artichokes, stem end up in 8” square baking dish.
- Add water to depth of ¼”. Cover with plastic wrap, pierce once to vent.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Place artichokes on a plate, reserving the cooking liquid and cool.
- Add kale to baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, pierce to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Remove leaves from artichokes, saving the biggest and prettiest for dipping (discard tough outer leaves and smaller inner leaves.)
- Remove and discard fuzzy thistle from artichoke bottom. Chop artichoke bottoms and set aside.
- Combine mayo, cream cheese, milk, yogurt, garlic and season with salt and pepper in a bowl, stir until smooth.
- Add onions, stir well.
- Add chopped artichokes and kale. Mix well. Taste for seasoning. Add Tabasco if you like it a little spicy.
- Spoon mixture into 1 quart baking dish sprayed with PAM.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges brown.
- Serve with artichoke leaves and crispy veggies.
*You can use reduced or fat-free products in the recipe if desired.