CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
Veal Scaloppine with Mushroom Wine Sauce
Alice’s Veal Scaloppine with Mushroom Wine Sauce
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 lbs. veal cutlets
- Salt, red/black pepper
- Rosemary Infused Olive oil
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 fresh lemons, sliced
- Regular olive oil
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (8-oz.) container fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 T. minced garlic
- ½ c. beef broth
- ⅔ c. white wine
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Season the veal and place in ziplock bag.
- Drizzle rosemary infused olive oil in bag of veal. Massage to coat.
- Add the lemon slices and fresh rosemary sprigs. Massage bag again to coat.
- Seal bag and let marinate for 3-4 hours.
- In large skillet, drizzle with regular olive oil to coat the bottom and place over medium heat.
- In a shallow dish, place flour and season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove veal cutlets from marinade, shake off excess and dredge in flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- Saute in hot olive oil, about 2 minutes per side, depending on thickness of veal cutlet. Remove from skillet and place on paper towels to drain and cover to keep warm.
- Do all the cutlets in small batches, add more olive oil as needed.
- After browning all cutlets, drain off excess oil from skillet and return to medium heat.
- Add the stick of butter and melt.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth and wine and simmer until it reduces by half. You want to have some liquid.
- Slowly add the cream and stir to blend. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the veal cutlets back into skillet and spoon sauce to cover them. Heat until all cutlets are hot.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
***Great with a nice pasta, mashed potatoes or saute spinach!