WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
|Veal Piccata|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. veal cutlets
- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. black pepper
- 1 stick butter
- ½ c. good olive oil
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. white wine
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 jar of capers, drained
- 1 small jar of diced pimento, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) carton of sliced mushrooms
- 1 large container of fresh baby spinach, optional
- The cooking process for this goes pretty fast, so it is a good idea to have everything ready to go.
- Season the cutlets and set aside.
- In shallow dish, mix flour with salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Set aside.
- On a platter, have the sliced mushrooms, chopped parsley, drained capers and pimento.
- In a container have the lemon juice and white wine.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add ½ c. olive oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Dredge the cutlets into the flour mixture. Shake off excess. Carefully place in hot skillet. Do not crowd. Brown about 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on size of cutlets.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Drain off excess oil in skillet. Add the mushrooms, capers and pimento. Saute until tender.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine. Heat and it will reduce somewhat and then add parsley.
- On a serving platter, lay your fresh spinach. Then place the cutlets down the center of the spinach.
- Take the skillet and pour the sauce down the center of the cutlets.
- Serve with a nice pasta.
*****You do not have to do the fresh spinach. You can lay the cutlets over cooked pasta and serve it like that. I find the spinach gives a nice elegant touch plus an added veggie to the meal.
This Post Has 0 Comments