REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Unique Cheese Tortellini and Kale Soup
3 (4-oz.) Italian sausage links, sliced
1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 c. chopped fennel bulb
3 T. minced garlic
2 t. minced fresh thyme
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
2 (32-oz.) cartons chicken broth
1 c. water
4-6 c. fresh baby kale
1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 (9-oz.) pkgs. refrigerated cheese tortellini
Salt, black pepper
- In large saucepan, drizzle olive oil in bottom over medium heat.
- Cook sausage, onion, fennel, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes until sausage is no longer pink.
- With slotted spoon, remove the sausage mixture to paper towel. Drain off excess oil in saucepan.
- Place the sausage mixture back into saucepan.
- Add broth and water and bring to boil.
- Stir in kale and beans and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered until kale is tender.
- Add tortellini and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Taste for seasoning, add if necessary.
This Post Has 0 Comments