Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
4 (6-8 oz.) fillets of fresh fish like Tilapia, Catfish, Speckled Trout
Kosher salt, fresh black pepper
½ red onion, chopped
1 T. fresh thyme
½ (8-oz.) container sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1 dozen (of each color-red/yellow) cherry tomatoes, halved
3 mini peppers (red, orange), seeded and chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
4 green onions, chopped
1/3 c. fresh lime juice
1 lb. medium shrimp, seasoned
- Tear foil packets large enough to hold fish and topping and being able to seal.
- Rub fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and place in center of foil.
- In a bowl, combine onion, thyme, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers and green onions.
- Add the lime juice and mix and season.
- Add shrimp to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly over the tops of each packet holding the fish.
- Fold the foil and roll up all sides so that no air escapes. You want the steam to cook the fish.
- Place in 450 oven and bake 15-20 minutes, depending on size of fish fillets.
- Remove from oven and open packets. Serve in packets or remove and place on plates.