WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Twisty Potato Salad Carbonara
TWISTY POTATO SALAD CARBONARA
2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1” cubes
6 c., plus 2 t. water, divided
4 oz. diced pancetta
1 egg yolk
1 garlic clove, grated
½ c. olive oil
1 T. fresh lemon juice
½ c. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
4 boiled eggs, chopped
Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Place potatoes in the 6 c. of salted water. Bring to boil, stir occasionally.
- Boil until tender, 5-6 minutes, drain.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread potatoes on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy. Stir occasionally, remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place yolk, garlic and 2 t. water and some salt in a bowl of heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment.
- Beat on medium speed until blended.
- Gradually add olive oil in thin, steady stream, beating until it is thickened and smooth.
- Scrape any oil down sides and beat 1 more minute.
- Beat in lemon juice until blended.
- Fold in cheese.
- Place potatoes in a bowl.
- Gently fold in pancetta, oil mixture, chopped eggs.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with chopped basil.