Boozy Watermelon Margarita Sippers BOOZY WATERMELON MARGARITA SIPPERS2 large fresh limes1/3 c. sugar8 c. cubed…
|Twice Baked Yams|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Twice Baked Yams
- 4 medium Louisiana yams
- 1 ½ c. brown sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 4 T. butter, softened and divided
- ¼ c. evaporated milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. ground nutmeg
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. crushed wheat chex cereal or your favorite cereal
- ¾ c. chopped and roasted pecans
- Preheat oven 350. Pierce yams with fork and bake 45 minutes or until soft.
- Cut in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into large bowl, leaving ½” interior border.
- Place yam shells on baking sheet.
- To the flesh, add 1 c. brown sugar, egg, 2 T. butter, milk, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Fill each shell with about ⅓ c. of filling.
- In another bowl, combine cereal, pecans, remaining ½ c. brown sugar and remaining 2 T. butter.
- Sprinkle topping over top of yams.
- Bake 15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and filling is hot.