TASTY CAULIFLOWER TATER-TOTS3 lb. cauliflower headOlive oilKosher salt/black pepper1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese2 T.…
|Corny-Jalapeño Fritters|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 c. milk, divided
- 1 c. quick-cooking yellow grits
- 3 T. butter, softened
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ c. finely chopped green onions
- 1 T. or more of seeded, minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 T. finely chopped basil
- 1 c. fresh corn, cut from cob
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- Greek Yogurt or Sour cream, for dipping
- Combine ½ c. milk and grits. Set aside.
- Heat 1 ½ c. milk that is left in saucepan, right until it begins to boil. Add grit mixture, stirring constantly with whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat and pour into large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add butter and next 9 ingredients. Stir well.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 T. olive oil.
- Pour 1 T. of batter for each fritter into hot skillet and cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn and cook other side. Do this with rest of batter. Add more olive oil is needed.
*****Use yogurt or sour cream for dipping or your favorite dipping sauce.