CHAR-GRILLED BABY ARTICHOKES½ c. olive oil6 cloves garlic, mincedArtichokes, partially steamed (only steam about 10-15…
|Corny-Jalapeño Fritters|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 c. milk, divided
- 1 c. quick-cooking yellow grits
- 3 T. butter, softened
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ c. finely chopped green onions
- 1 T. or more of seeded, minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 T. finely chopped basil
- 1 c. fresh corn, cut from cob
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- Greek Yogurt or Sour cream, for dipping
- Combine ½ c. milk and grits. Set aside.
- Heat 1 ½ c. milk that is left in saucepan, right until it begins to boil. Add grit mixture, stirring constantly with whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat and pour into large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add butter and next 9 ingredients. Stir well.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 T. olive oil.
- Pour 1 T. of batter for each fritter into hot skillet and cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn and cook other side. Do this with rest of batter. Add more olive oil is needed.
*****Use yogurt or sour cream for dipping or your favorite dipping sauce.
This Post Has One Comment
I’ve tried other fritter rcepies and they were hard and just not very good. Just made these this morning and they were WONDERFUL!!!!