EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
|Tomato Tart|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- ½ lb. all-butter puff pastry
- 30 cherry tomatoes, about 1 lb., cut in half
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. fresh thyme leaves, extra for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- ½ lb. fresh ricotta cheese
- Flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven 425. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place oven racks in middle and upper third of oven.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 9x17”. Transfer pastry to baking sheet and poke all over with a fork.
- Place another sheet of parchment paper and baking sheet on top and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove top baking sheet and parchment paper and continue to bake until lightly browned and dry, about 10 minutes longer. Slide the paper and pastry to a rack and let cool.
- In large bowl, toss tomatoes with olive oil and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet, cut side up and bake on upper rack for 15 minutes, until slightly soft. Let cool.
- In food processor, puree ricotta cheese until creamy. Spread over the cooled pastry and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes cut side up on the cheese (5 rows of 12).
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme. Cut pastry between the tomatoes into about 60 squares. Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.
This Post Has 0 Comments