REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Alice’s Ten Bean Soup
|Alice's Ten Bean Soup|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Alice's Ten Bean Soup
- 2 (1 lb.) bags of assorted beans (numbers may vary from 8-10-13, types of beans)
- 1 (16-oz.) container chopped onion mix
- 2 T. minced garlic
- ½ c. bottled chow-chow
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 (32-oz.) of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 lb. bag of baby carrots or wafer style cut, carrots
- 2-4 qts. Water
- Salt, red/black pepper
- 1 lb. of smoked sausage or ham, optional
- In large stock pot, place the rinsed beans and pour the broth in.
- Add all the ingredients except water.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer.
- Now add enough water to cover the mixture and about 3-4 inches above.
- As it thickens and if beans are still not tender, add more water.
- Taste for seasoning. Just keep adding water if needed.
This Post Has 0 Comments