REFRESHING WATERMELON GRANITA6 c. chopped seedless watermelon¼ c. sugar¼ c. fresh lime juice½ t. kosher…
3 lb. cauliflower head
Kosher salt/black pepper
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 T. finely chopped fresh parsley
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
½ c. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 T. water
1 ½ c. panko
Sriracha mayo or catsup, for dipping
1. Position rack in upper third of oven and heat to 400.
2. Cut florets from cauliflower and discard core.
3. Coarsely chop the florets into ½” pieces.
4. ON large rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper, evenly coated.
5. Spread out in even layer.
6. Roast until mostly tender and golden in places, tossing once halfway through. Total time is about 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
8. Put cauliflower, cheddar, parsley, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion in food processor and pulse until combined, about 8-10 pulses.
9. Scoop out about 1 T. of cauliflower mixture and form into a tater-tot shape, about 1 ½ x1” size.
10. Put on plate and repeat with rest of mixture.
11. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
12. Put the Parmigiano, egg mixture and panko in three separate containers and set aside.
13. Brush a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
14. Dredge the tots first in Parmigiano, then egg, then panko.
15. Transfer to baking sheet.
16. Bake until golden, rotating halfway, total cooking time about 25-30 minutes.
17. Serve with Sriracha mayo or catsup or your favorite dipping sauce.
*****Leftovers are good tossed in salads.