Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
¼ c. red pepper jelly
1 t. Creole mustard
1 t. apple cider vinegar
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 (12-oz.) pkg. boudin sausage, casings removed, crumbled
2 c. shredded green cabbage
¼ c. chopped green onion
2 T. Creole mustard
1-2 t. Creole seasoning, desired amount
1 T. water
15 egg roll wrappers
1. In small bowl, combine pepper jelly, mustard and vinegar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Fill large Dutch oven halfway with oil and place over medium heat until deep fry temp of 350 is reached.
3. In large bowl, stir together boudin, cabbage, green onion, mustard and Creole seasoning.
4. In a smaller bowl, whisk egg and water.
5. On work surface, place 1 egg roll wrapper with corner pointed toward you.
6. Place 2 T. of boudin mixture in center and shape into a log.
7. Brush a thin layer of egg wash along edges of wrapper.
8. Fold bottom corner over filling; roll snuggly halfway to cover filling.
9. Fold both sides snuggly against filling.
10. Roll wrapper up and seal top corner.
11. Place egg roll flap side down until ready to cook. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers.
12. Working in batches, fry egg rolls, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
13. Carefully remove from oil, drain on paper towel.
14. Serve with pepper jelly sauce.