HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
TASTY CAULIFLOWER TATER-TOTS
3 lb. cauliflower head
Kosher salt/black pepper
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 T. finely chopped fresh parsley
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
½ c. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 T. water
1 ½ c. panko
Sriracha mayo or catsup, for dipping
- Position rack in upper third of oven and heat to 400.
- Cut florets from cauliflower and discard core.
- Coarsely chop the florets into ½” pieces.
- ON large rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper, evenly coated.
- Spread out in even layer.
- Roast until mostly tender and golden in places, tossing once halfway through. Total time is about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Put cauliflower, cheddar, parsley, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion in food processor and pulse until combined, about 8-10 pulses.
- Scoop out about 1 T. of cauliflower mixture and form into a tater-tot shape, about 1 ½ x1” size.
- Put on plate and repeat with rest of mixture.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Put the Parmigiano, egg mixture and panko in three separate containers and set aside.
- Brush a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Dredge the tots first in Parmigiano, then egg, then panko.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, rotating halfway, total cooking time about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with Sriracha mayo or catsup or your favorite dipping sauce.
*Leftovers are good tossed in salads.