DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
SHRIMP, CHICKEN AND ANDOUILLE JAMBALAYA
2 T. canola oil
1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced
2 lbs. boneless-skinless chicken thighs or breasts or both, cut in 1” cubes
1 c. chopped Vidalia onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped green bell pepper
3 T. minced garlic
3 c. long-grain rice
1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
5 c. chicken broth
3 T. chopped fresh thyme
2 fresh bay leaves
2 lbs. large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
1 t. smoked paprika
½ t. red pepper
2 T. Chopped fresh parsley
Chopped green onions, garnish
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil. Add sausage and chicken and cook until browned, 5-8 minutes.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper, cook another 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir about 3 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Add tomatoes and stir until juices are absorbed.
- Add broth, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In medium bowl, combine shrimp, 1 t. salt, ½ t. black pepper, paprika, red pepper and parsley.
- Add shrimp to rice mixture and stir until combined. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Add remaining salt and black pepper or season to taste.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.