Taco Shredded Beef
Taco Shredded Beef (CROCK POT/SLOW COOKER)
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1(10 ¾-oz.) can condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast
- 3 T. finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- 16 taco shells
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheeses
- Shredded lettuce
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- Sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped jalapenos
- In a 4 qt. crock pot/slow cooker, stir in soup, chili powder and cumin.
- Season the roast and place in crock pot and move around to coat with items in pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef from cooker to cutting board and let stand 5-8 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred the beef.
- Return beef to crock pot.
- Stir in cilantro to the cooker. Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon about ¼ c. of meat filling into each cooked taco shell.
- Top with your choice of cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, and jalapenos.