CAST-IRON POTATO, BACON, CHEESE DIP2 1/4 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered4 slices applewood-smoked…
|Susie's Blue Cheese Crackers and Spread|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Susie's Blue Cheese Crackers and Spread
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled and room temperature
- 1 ½ c. flour
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 T. water
- 1 extra-large egg, beaten with 1 T. water for egg wash
- ½ c. rough chop walnuts
- In a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and cheese until smooth.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour, salt and pepper until it is in large crumbles.
- Add 1 T. water and mix until combined.
- Dump the dough onto a floured board, press into a ball, and roll into 12” long log.
- Brush log completely with egg wash.
- Spread the walnuts on a cutting board and roll log back and forth in the nuts, pressing lightly and distributing them evenly on the outside of the log.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 days.
- When ready to prepare, heat oven to 350.
- Cut log into ⅜” thick with a small sharp knife and place cut pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 20-22 minutes until very lightly browned. Rotate pan once during baking.
- Cool and serve at room temperature.
*****This recipe was given to me by my friend, Susie Glowacki. She served the crackers with pepper jelly. You can serve with a sweet or savory spread. All is so good!!!