ALICE’S SEAFOOD CHOWDER3 sticks butter¼ c. minced garlic2 large onions, chopped2 green bell peppers, chopped4-6…
SMOTHERED CENTER-CUT PORK CHOPS WITH SUMMER VEGGIES
4-6 center-cut pork chops, seasoned
1 onion, chopped
½ of each color bell pepper (red, yellow, orange, green), cut into thin strips
1 (12-oz.) bag of cubed butternut squash
1 (8-oz.) container sliced mushrooms
1 (11-oz.) can corn
10-12 baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half
1 pt. assorted colored cherry tomatoes
½ c. red wine
1 (10 3/4 –oz.) can tomato soup
1 (6-oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
Chopped green onions or parsley, garnish
- In a large and deep skillet, cover bottom with olive oil or canola oil (does not have to be too deep). Heat over medium-high heat.
- Brown the seasoned pork chops on each side. Do in batches. Do not crowd the chops in the skillet.
- After browning, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Place skillet back over heat.
- Add the onions, bell peppers and squash. Saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine, soup and mushroom steak sauce. Stir until well blended.
- Add the mushrooms, corn, potatoes and tomatoes. Stir until blended.
- Add enough water that when you place the chops into the skillet there is some liquid covering the top of the chops.
- After adding water, place the chops into the skillet. Add more water if necessary so that they are covered at least partially.
- Lower heat and place a lid loosely so that steam can escape. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or parsley.
*You can serve over egg noodles, rice or just plain. You can change up veggie selection. I try to use what is fresh at that time of the year.