PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
SMOTHERED BREADED CHICKEN THIGHS TOPPED WITH CRISPY ONIONS
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
1 (16-oz.) container chopped onion mix
½ of each color bell pepper (red, yellow, orange, green), cut into strips
1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
1 pt. carton cherry tomatoes, halved
1 (14.5-oz.) can whole green beans, drained and rinsed
6 T. of a 9-oz. jar Robert Rothschild Lemon Dill and Capers Sauce
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. white wine
2 T. Kitchen Bouquet
1 (3.5-oz.) pkg. Fresh Gourmet Crispy Onions
- In an over-sized cast-iron skillet, drizzle with olive oil and put over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder.
- In a shallow dish, put about 1-2 c. flour and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Brown chicken in hot oil until golden on all sides. Place on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Pour off excess oil.
- Place skillet back over heat.
- Add the chopped onions and bell peppers, saute until tender.
- Add 4 T. of seasoned flour into onion mixture. Stirring constantly, saute for 2-4 minutes.
- Add broth, wine and kitchen bouquet. Stir to mix well.
- Add the lemon dill and caper sauce. Mix well.
- Nestle the chicken back into the skillet. Have the sauce cover the chicken. If sauce is too thick, you can thin it with more broth.
- Add cherry tomatoes and string beans. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with crispy onions.
- You can also place skillet in 350 oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, then add tomatoes and green beans and heat until hot. Then top with crispy onions. Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes or rice.