UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
SIMPLE BRUSSELS SPROUTS CASSEROLE
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 c. chopped yellow onion
2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
Salt/red/black pepper to taste
¾ c. heavy cream
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. lemon juice
1 c. Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ c. panko bread crumbs
1 T. olive oil
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
Zest of 1 lemon
Salt/black pepper to taste
- CASSEROLE: Preheat oven 375.
- In large skillet, cook bacon until lightly golden and just crispy. With slotted spoon, remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Add the sprouts and onion to skillet and stir well to coat with bacon fat.
- Cook over medium heat, without stirring for 5 minutes or until sprouts start to brown and caramelize.
- Stir in salt and peppers to taste and cook another 5 minutes or until sprouts almost tender.
- TOPPING: In small bowl, combine olive oil, panko, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Remove sprouts from heat and stir in heavy cream, Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- Stir in ½ of the cheeses and ½ of reserved bacon.
- Transfer to 2-quart casserole in even layer.
- Top with remaining cheeses and bacon and sprinkle panko mixture all over.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until bubbling around the edges and panko is golden brown.
- Let rest 5 minutes.