BOLD GARDEN POTATO SALAD3 lbs. new potatoes, halvedKosher salt, black pepper4 oz. fresh snow peas…
SIMMERING FISH WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES
4 (4-6 oz.) fresh skinless tilapia, red snapper, catfish or your favorite fillets
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1 T. minced garlic
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
½ c. pimento-stuffed green olives, roughly chopped
1 T. snipped fresh oregano
Black pepper, salt
2 c. hot cooked rice, pasta or 8 crusty bread slices
Fresh lemon juice
- Rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels. Season.
- In large skillet, drizzle bottom with olive oil (enough to coat but not deep).
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano and season.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Carefully add fish. Spoon mixture over fish.
- Return to boiling, then reduce heat again.
- Simmer covered, 8-10 minutes until fish flakes.
- You can break the fish into pieces, if desired.
- Serve over rice, pasta or crusty bread.
- I like to squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the finished dish or let each person do their own serving.