GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH VEGGIES AND JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT IN FOIL PACKETS1-2 lbs. fresh red…
PAUL DEEN’S SHORTBREAD BLONDIE BARS
3 c. flour
¼ c. sugar
1/8 t. salt
1 c. butter, cut into ½” pieces
1 c. butter
2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 T. vanilla
2 ¼ c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 (11.5-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven 350. Line 13×9” baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- Spray foil with PAM.
- CRUST: In bowl whisk together flour, sugar and salt. With pastry blender, cut butter into mixture and resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- BATTER: In saucepan, cook butter and brown sugar over low heat, stir occasionally, until melted and smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a larger bow and whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter over prepared crust.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Let cool completely.
- Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan before cutting into squares.
- Store in airtight container.