REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Silly Drunken Pasta
1 T. olive oil
3 T. butter
1 t. Italian seasoning
¼ t. red pepper flakes, or to taste
3 T. minced garlic
1 (750 ml.) bottle red wine, like Chianti
Fresh ground black pepper
1 lb. your favorite pasta
1 lb. portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 T. balsamic vinegar
½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves, torn for garnish
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat olive oil and 1 T. butter in large skillet.
- Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat off.
- Add red wine, turn on the heat and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boing water and cook 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving some of water and add pasta to skillet with simmering wine.
- Stir together with tongs and cook 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 T. butter in another saute pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and fry until cooked on both sides.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and toss.
- Add final T. of butter to pasta and stir through. You can add some reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Add saute mushrooms and stir through.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and torn basil leaves.