BUBBLY AND EASY CRAB AND ARTICHOKE DIP IN A SKILLET8 oz. cream cheese, softened1 c.…
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 lbs. large fresh shrimp, peeled
- ¼ c. salt
- 3 T. red pepper
- 2 T. garlic powder
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 1 T. liquid crab boil
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ c. finely chopped green onions
- ½ c. finely chopped fresh parsley
- ⅔ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
- 2 T. capers
- 1 t. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 T. minced garlic
- Tart Shells
- In boiling water, add the red pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, liquid crab boil and Worcestershire sauce. Let boil for about 5-8 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes until they turn pink. Taste for seasoning. Drain well and let cool.
- In a bowl, add chopped shrimp, green onions and rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into baked tart shells.
- Tart Shells: Combine butter and cream cheese and stir until blended.
- Add rest of ingredients, blending well. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 3 portions. Shape each portion into 12 balls.
- Press dough onto bottom and up sides of lightly greased 1 ¾” miniature muffin pans.
- Bake 350 for 15-17 minutes or until golden. Cool. Remove from pans.
*****Makes about 3 dozen. If you are in a hurry, you can sometimes find these tart shells already made. Go for it!