4 c. shaved Brussels sprout
2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and cut into matchsticks
1 c. thinly sliced celery
1 c. chopped spiced pecans*-see recipe below
¼ c. Bacon Vinaigrette*-see recipe below
Kosher salt, black pepper
2 c. pecan halves
2 T. melted butter
1 t. honey
1 T. chopped fresh sage
1 t. kosher salt
¼ t. red pepper
1. Preheat oven 250. On a rimmed baking sheet spread pecans evenly.
2. Bake until toasted, about 30 minutes.
3. In bowl, add pecans and toss with butter, honey sage, salt and red pepper until combined.
4. Spread back on baking sheet and let cook for 15 minutes. Store in plastic bag for 3 days or freeze.
¼ c. cooked good quality bacon
¼ c. warm rendered bacon fat
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1 t. minced garlic
½ t. honey
½ t. kosher salt
½ t. black pepper
1. In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and process on high until combined.
2. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
3. TO PREPARE SALAD: In large bowl, combine Brussels sprout, apple, celery, spiced pecans, vinaigrette and season to taste.